Sunday, August 16, 2009

It's That Time of the Year

Well it's time to say goodbye to my summer job and get back to school. Incredibly enough... I'm very excited about this. Don't get me wrong, my job is great working at the firework store here in Cody, but I actually really enjoy college. Not just because the social aspect of it is great, but also because I love to learn. There is so much to learn and not nearly enough time for it all. On the other hand... there is a whole lot I could care less about learning more of.
Call me a nerd, but I love the whole school shopping aspect of getting back to school too. Of course getting new clothes is always fun, but I like picking out my new pens and pencils and all that fun stuff as well. Although... finding which calculator your professor wants you to have is not nearly as exciting as it was to pick out crayons back in the day. And paying ridiculous amounts of money for books that we won't really use in class, only to sell them back for less than half their original price is just sad, but one of those things you have to do.
So here I go with just a few days left of my summer job reminding me that year after year the cycle continues: semester, break, semester, summer, etc. It's a good thing to stay busy. Once I get sick of school and my part time job I know that summer is coming and I can stay just as busy as I have been, but in a new way. So life continues and day by day nothing changes, but looking back, everything has! So take advantage of school or work or whatever it is and make it the best you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment